OKIE HALF 2023 INFO:
March 11, 2023 - Half Marathon @ 7:45,
5k @ 8:00 - Muskogee, ok
I:40 Race Service with the help of the Muskogee Running Club and Muskogee Parks & Recreation will host the the Okie Half on March 11, 2023. Okie Half will be run on 5k and half marathon courses that can easily be described as very flat (check out Course Map page). It will start/finish inside the newly restored "Hatbox Hanger", and the half course will incorporate parts of downtown Muskogee.
This event is the USATF Oklahoma Half Marathon State Championship, but is also a half for everyone with a 4:15 time limit. So reguardless if you are at the front or the back of pack, this event will be a great run for you and you'll get to fill up on BBQ afterwards!
Registation Fees and Dates:
Returning Runner Black Friday Special: Before 11/25 - Disc. Code Required
Hatbox Events Center (630 S 40th St Muskogee, OK)
Race Weekend Details:
- Packet Pick Up/Late Registration: The packet pickup will be on Friday evening March 10th from 4:00 to 7:00 pm at the Hatbox Events Center - 630 S 40th Street Muskogee, OK. This is also where the race will start and finish the following morning. You do not have to pick up your packet on Friday. They will be available on race day starting at 6:30 am. In-person registration will be available on Friday and Saturday.
- Start Times: 7:45 am for the Half, 8:00 am for the 5k
- Time Limit: For the half marathon the time limit is 4:15 (Must finish by noon).
- USATF Certified Courses: Both the 5k and Half Marathon course will be on flat and fast USATF Certified courses. Click on the course maps page for more details and to get a PDF of the Half and 5k course maps
- USATF Oklahoma Half Marathon State Championships - There will be male and female state champion crowned at this event. Male & Female winners will receive a $150 prize and custom trophy. To qauilfy, you must an Oklahoma resident and a current member of USATF. We will have a sign in sheet at packet Pickup, so please have your USATF member # with you. Click here for USATF Membership information
- Parking: Parking is free and there is a huge lot just to the north of the event center, so you will not be far from your vechicle.
$150 will be awarded to the Male and Female Champions. You must be a resident of Oklahoma and a USATF member. (Click for membership details). Separate awards will go to the top 3 overall male & female.
Food & Aide Stations
All Half Participants will get a food truck meal at the finish line from Mother Tuckers BBQ! 5k runners and fans can purchase a meal. Snack food and drinks are also provided
Support local running
20% of the proceeds from this event will go towards the co-host - the Muskogee Running Club. The running club is an organization that seeks to build and promote running and running events the in Muskogee area. The club is also involved in many philanthropic efforts that the funding from the Okie Half will be used towards.
About Event Host: I:40 Race Service
I:40 is based out of Muskogee and our services are race timing, race planning, course measurement & certification, promotion, & awards. I:40 has a double meaning - Inspirational passage in Isaiah 40 & our service area along US I-40 in Eastern Oklahoma.
Plan a visit to Muskogee for the Okie Half
Select a restuarnt to each at the night before and a place
to stay by visiting:
THANK YOU FOR CONSIDERING THIS EVENT - We hope to see you in March
Please click the contact menu to send us any question about the event.